Twitter and tweets have taken the world by storm, spreading news, information, personal opinions and advice. Even those people living in secluded areas or those opting for solitude, can access news and inputs and gain knowledge by reading others’ perspectives by simply using Twitter.
- Twitter offers a networking platform between clients and business entrepreneurs, and helps to do away with the need to hold expensive networking events.
- Twitter helps a daily interaction and immediate addressing of critical issues, rather than having clients wait for an opportunity to meet or send emails
- Twitter helps news spread long before it is broadcast by news sites, and that too with additional inputs and perspectives.
- Twitter helps in problem solving through a network of friends and colleagues who will offer immediate solutions. Hence it becomes a knowledge sharing platform.
- Twitter gives flexibility of timing-one can spend as much or as little time on the site to maximize gains
- Twitter offers bright business prospects as word spreads from one set of people to the other, setting off a chain reaction
- It is also the cheapest and perhaps among the most effective ways to advertise for businesses.
- Twitter is a gold mine of information, latest developments all of which can be incorporated usefully
- Instead of brainstorming sessions and recruiting consultants, Twitter can bring new business ideas that can be used to expand the existing business setup.
- Brand building is a big challenge and businesses build brands to succeed. Twitter helps in building better brands without having to spend millions on brand building and promotion.
- Twitter and all the feedback it brings for the business helps the entrepreneur improve the customer service by addressing the complaints of customers and taking action to rectify mistakes and problems.
- Twitter helps in getting more business to expand the existing one.
- Twitter enables businesses to go viral
- Notifying customers becomes easy through Twitter and this benefits all businesses
- Finally, Twitter becomes the public face of the business and as the network expands it sends the right signals about the popularity of the business.
Many experts suggest that social media in general can offer a poor return on investment when companies use it to try and target new business but I do not believe that this is the case. There are a number of pros and cons when you decide to use this method but it is still a valid and useful marketing tool for many business. The key though is to target the right people with your campaigns, if you do not attract the right market with any of you social media campaigns ( and I’m not just talking about twitter) then of course you are going to have a poor return. Social media is all about groups, that’s why it is called “social” and if you can find and successfully target the influences in a particular group this will have a knock on effect with the rest of the group and this is what makes a successful social media campaign.
Excellent write up!
You are right. There are lots of benefits of using twitter for promoting online website or even offline business.
Using social media to enhance your business is a great idea.
It lets you communicate with customers on a whole new level 🙂
I agree with you, It’s really great idea using twitter…..
You are totally right Neil, Twitter is a powerful social network we don’t avoid. Twitter has an excellent strategies to get potential visits and clients for both small and large scale business owners.
Thanks for the wonderful post…
Yes, one of the ways that Twitter can really help is in letting you find people who are in your general geographical area, city, or even suburb. This is very useful for businesses that offer products that aren’t digital, or small enough to post anywhere in the world. Clearly, they need customers who live close to them.
You’re right about the speed of Twitter for spreading news – it’s proven itself time and again in the last twelve months to be a really powerful communications tool for connecting people and providing them with informations in a minimal amount of time (think China, Tunisia and Egypt). It’s a great tool, I just hope it doesn’t become lost in a sea of corporate spam – that would be a real loss (but a fairly likely outcome).
i agree Twitter allows Business spread their message to a lot of audience
Twitter is beneficial for promoting the product of a business
Well Tweeting more will result in the article go viral and more exposure so Twitter is a very good way to basically ask potential consumers about trying a new brand or product
I think it is very important to engage the right kind of audience in twitter account to allow more exposure as the audience interested in a product will give the product a try
People are using Twitter to stay connected to the world in real-time. Whereas in the past people used newspapers or TV or radio to “get informed”, the results were not always in real-time. Twitter allows people to find information in real-time. This can be beneficial to not only individuals, but businesses as well.
You’ve got right point in the article. This is something I really lack. I recently found the potential of Twitter in boosting online business and I am currently working on the same.
Agree with your analysis. I had initially not thought of it as more than mere “keeping in touch” tool. Thanks for good points.
Twitter is a great way to not only promote, but also to manage your business brand. You can influence how your target market views you by building and maintaining a Twitter presence.