In order to build the e-commerce site, it is required to know the best e-commerce platform that will suit various clients. A lot of clients want to know whether Magento is better than Opencart. In the end, it will depend entirely on your requirements, capabilities and products that you wish to integrate in a new site.
You will be able to get a wide variety of solutions from the e-commerce solutions. You can start your online store without spending any money at a quick time. You can also experience the online shopping from numerous stores, which are specifically set up in order to sell worldwide.
Comparison of Opencart and Magento
Opencart and Magento are e-commerce platforms, and they are quite popular. They have a number of similar features and advantages.
- Both are e-commerce open source platforms.
- Both the platforms are popular, and they also have developer communities.
- The development of both the platforms is done in PHP.
- Both are rich in resources with additional plug-ins and products.
- They are global open source platforms.
- They support many currencies, and multiple languages.
- They use templates in order to upload the products, and the non-programmers can also maintain them.
Features and advantages of Opencart
Opencart is suitable for speed and startups to market. It also provides extensive tools and a powerful shopping cart with a minimum investment.
- The set up can be done without any difficulty, and it is also easy to use.
- The downloading can be done without any cost.
- Can be developed with the help of free software support and upgrades.
- Lightweight, easy to install and download.
- Control panel can be used easily that enables simple administration.
- The tutorials and information are easily accessible on the internet.
- Strong developer community.
- Offers various payment gateways like PayPal, WorldPay, SagePay etc.
There are some drawbacks of Opencart that include:
- Custom URL is not allowed.
- SEO restraints.
- Customization of templates is less as compared to Magento.
- Options of pre-installation are limited.
Features and advantages of Magento
Magento is considered as the e-commerce platform that is preferred by most of the online retailer. It fulfills all the requirements that cannot be provided by Opencart. Magento allows a lot of businesses to have a personalized shopping experience, strong SEO resources and limitless design restraints.
- Unrestricted control over the user experience, look, user interface and content marketing.
- Unlimited control over the SEO settings, such as user friendly URL’s, tagging and content.
- Improved client experience through features like reviewed products, order history, product comparisons, customer accounts, wish lists etc.
- High technical support, as well as a strong community of profile developer.
- Various online stores are supported from a single administrative area.
Need to find the best e-commerce site
If you want to sell online, then you will be entering in the e-commerce world. In that case, you need to consider various things in order to sell your products. You need to search the e-commerce agencies and solutions for your website that will help to execute your plan. It is essential do the necessary research in this matter. In fact, you need to spend a lot of time and effort in order to find the best e-commerce site. It will help to achieve the sales and growth of your business. In the initial process, you need to now certain things about the e-commerce site.
Need to integrate analytics in a site
You must be aware of the fact that the analytics are necessary for the website. They also play a vital role if you want to sell your products online. In the e-commerce site, the complete decision-making procedure from checkout to research and discovery happens online. It means you need to standardize every step in order to drive customers for purchasing your products. It is required to use certain tactics like up-selling and recommending similar products. However, it is not possible if you are not aware of the entire analytical picture, through which customers can use your website. Thus, it is essential to integrate Google Analytics in the e-commerce site right from the start.
Shipping and payment options supported by the site
Both Opencart and Magento are considered as the complete e-commerce solutions. They allow an extensive range of payment options. At present, Magento supports PayPal, credit cards, money orders, cheques and payment modules that include eWAY, ePay, Cyber source etc. At the same time, it is also essential to select the appropriate shipping provider that you want to integrate with the e-commerce site. It will also depend on the platform on which the e-commerce platform is built. Most of the e-commerce solutions will support any delivery options. It includes shipping to numerous addresses, as well as flat rate delivery. It supports UPS XML, FedEx, DHL and USPS.
Updating the site contents
You can also update the product information and contents of your site without taking the help of a web developer. You need to discuss it with the website organization at the start of the building process of the e-commerce site. A suitable e-commerce solution should be suggested by your developer like Opencart. It is user-friendly, and you can also update it yourself. It will help to save a lot of money and time in due course. At the same time, you can also edit, remove or add information and products on the site at a quick time. As a result, you can get a consistent and accurate site.
You should build a site on the platform with the help of which you can add additional products, features and categories. You may require starting the shipping process globally at some time in the future. In that case, you need to build a platform, through which you can add a new feature.
Magneto is suitable for the large scale business with several products that anticipate a large amount of user traffic. It is considered as a powerful and strong e-commerce solution. On the other hand, Opencart is suitable for the medium and small scale businesses.